Monday, October 9, 2017

Hello Again!

Phew! What a year! Well, half a year, actually. That's how long it's been since I've written a blog post here. Can you believe I've managed to procrastinate that long?!? Yeah, me, too. We all know I'm a great procrastinator.

Aaaanyway, I suppose I should catch you up on the monumental things that have happened since March. Things like graduation (yay!), a broken foot-inhibited summer (boo!), a part time job (eh.), and a return to all things literary and dance. I think that's plenty of excuses for not writing, don't you?

Now, I'm sure I could ramble on and on and ON about all the amazing things God has taught me these last six months (and I probably will, eventually), but for now I think I'll just brag on where He's brought me to right now.

It's been a super intense six months for me, full of trials, heartbreaks, fears that I've had to face, and tough decisions. It's been a time when I've been tempted to give up on writing and dancing and just be that "average American" who blends in and has an easy, secure life. But even in my toughest moments, this past year has been overflowing with God's grace, guidance, and the sweet sound of His voice. I've come out of this time so much stronger and more mature than I was even just half a year ago, and, as of today, have officially begun my full time commitment to be a professional novelist! All the lessons God has taught me, like confidence, IMperfectionism, and a broken heart for the lost have prepared me to seriously start what He has called and made me to do, and to stick to it and never give up!

So, I guess the real reason I sat down to write to you wasn't just to be witty and entertaining or to catch you up on my crazy life so you're not completely lost in future posts. Although, I do hope I kind of accomplished that! ;) But honestly, I'm writing this to proclaim to the world that the writer of Pointe Shoes and Typewriters is back. I'm still a writer. I'm still a dancer. I'm still His child.

And I'm here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment