Saturday, September 17, 2016

For Grins and Giggles

So I was searching through our boxes of over five-hundred books (for what seemed like the five-hundredth time) and happened upon this gem: a folder full of stories and papers I wrote in fourth grade! Apparently, I wrote more (and better) than I thought I did! Here is one piece, unedited or messed with by my now-experienced hand, that I thought you might enjoy.  :)

                                                         There's a Moose in the House!

                                                         One day when my family came back from the store,
                                                      We realized we forgot to shut the door!
Just when we thought everything was great,
I found a moose in my closet, wearing a skate!
"There's a moose in the house!" my brother told everybody.
"That's why my bed is muddy!"
Then dad burst in, "There's a moose in the shed!"
My sister screamed, "There's one under mom's bed!"
Then mom cried out, "Come here somebody, quick!"
"There's one in the bathtub, chewing a stick!"
And I stood amidst this,
But then came a moose, wanting a kiss!
After we shooed all the moose out of the yard,
                  The mailman came with a bright yellow card.
                                                      "I'm missing a moose!" the letter said,
                                                         "Will you help me find it, before it plays dead?"

I have to admit this idea wasn't original, but loosely based off of the card game "Moose in the House", which is another gem! (By the way, can you believe I rhymed? Like, good grief, what was I thinking? I never rhyme!)

No comments:

Post a Comment